Public Notice No. 8800
City of Torrington
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) FOR A CONSTRUCTION MANAGER-AT-RISK (CMAR) SERVICES
The City of Torrington (C0T) invites your response to this request for qualifications to provide Construction Manager-At-Risk (CMAR) services, to act as an advocate for the COT, and to provide pre-construction management service to COT for design, budgeting, and implementation of a new, two story building to include but not limited to the following:
A. New display area.
B. Museum Directors Office.
C. ADA bathrooms.
D. The upper floor shall be for storage that will include an elevator to transport museum pieces between floors.
E. Parking, sidewalks, and site design as agreed upon in the project scope as outlined in the contract documents.
In the construction phase, under a separate contract, the CMAR is responsible for providing a guaranteed maximum price for the public work prior to commencing with construction.
The proposed site is located at 495 Main Street, Torrington WY, with an estimated construction budget of $800,000.00.
A contract for any preconstruction services and construction services will be awarded to a firm with the qualifications best suited for this COT project at the sole discretion of COT. COT reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
In order to be considered, completed CMAR Qualification Statements shall be marked: HOMESTEADERS CMAR RFQ. Statements must arrive at the Office of the City Clerk/Treasurer, Torrington City Hall, 436 East 22nd Avenue (P.O. Box 250) Torrington, Wyoming 82240 on or before 2:00 P.M. Local Time on November 29th 2023, at which time the requests will be publicly opened and read out loud. All submittals will then go to a committee for final determination of the CMAR. All submitting entities will be notified at a later date of the committee’s decision.
Access to current concept plans, please email [email protected] or call 307-532-0298. Any shared information regarding this proposed project is proprietary and confidential, and should only be discussed with COT representatives. Provide three hard copies and one electronic copy of your response.
CMAR Qualification Statements shall include at least the following information:
1. The location of the primary place of business;
2. The name and identification of individuals to be assigned to the project;
3. Perceived understanding of the project scope and approach proposed to accomplish the vision of the project;
4. Recent experience with similar CMAR projects;
5. Recent experience with Wyoming projects;
6. Professional qualifications;
7. Management services offered during preconstruction phase;
8. Management services offered during construction phase;
9. Proposed subcontractors for project and construction to be undertaken by the firm itself;
10. Management plan to promote expected local subcontractor participation in the project;
11. At least five professional references;
12. Proposed bonding and insurance for the project;
13. History of work completed with regional design firms;
14. Management approach used to resolve conflicts and deal with job site safety;
15. Explanation of the proposed pricing and fee structure for both preconstruction and construction phases, including change order fees and project completion incentives;
16. Demonstrated ability to protect the interests of COT during the project; and,
17. Demonstrated ability to meet project budget and time schedule requirements.
Firms called back to interview shall provide information on proposed fees and scope for preconstruction services in a sealed envelope. The envelope shall remain sealed and contents will be revealed only after the firm has been selected based on qualifications criteria.
Selection will be in accordance with Wyoming Law (W.S. 16-6-701 through 16-6-708). The selected firm must have the ability to comply with the residency and preference requirements imposed under W.S. 16-6-101 through 16-6-107 in the procurement of subcontractors and materials, should COT desire construction services later under a guaranteed maximum price arrangement. This is not a request for Proposal, this is a request for qualifications. COT is not obligated by this announcement to award any contract.
CITY OF TORRINGTON, WYOMING
By Herb Doby, Mayor
Attest: Lynette Strecker, Clerk/Treasurer
Public Notice No. 8800 published in the Torrington Telegram on November 10 and 17, 2023.