The department’s current priority recommendations for Wyoming residents include:
• Stay home when sick and avoid contact with other people unless you need medical attention. This is the number one way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or other illness in our communities.
• Follow advice from CDC on what to do if you think you may be sick due to COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html.
• Follow common-sense steps such as washing your hands often and well; covering your coughs and sneezes; and cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
• Operators of nursing homes and other healthcare facilities should closely follow guidelines from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for infection control and prevention, including those that restrict visitation.
• As much as possible, Wyoming’s assisted living facilities should follow the same infection control and prevention practices as nursing homes related to COVID-19, including those that restrict visitation.
• Everyone should follow CDC recommendations on mass gatherings, which currently recommend cancelling or postponing events of more than 50 people. More details can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html.
• Older people and those with health conditions that meant they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should be careful to avoid crowds or situations where they may be in close contact with others.
• Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill from COVID-19 should avoid all nonessential air travel.
• Everyone should follow CDC recommendations to avoid foreign travel to many areas and cruise ship travel.
• Everyone should carefully consider COVID-19 risks and their personal situation before any significant travel within the United States. More advice from CDC can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html.
Stay up to date with WDH COVID-19 information online at https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/infectious-disease-epidemiology-unit/disease/novel-coronavirus/.