Public Notice No. 8574
WALK PATH PHASE III
TOWN OF LAGRANGE
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. Sealed Bids for the construction of the LaGrange Walk Path Phase III Improvements, shall be received by the Town of LaGrange, Wyoming at the Town hall office located at 200 ‘C’ Street, LaGrange, Wyoming 82221 on or before 2:00 PM local time, June 1, 2023, at which time the Bids will be publicly opened and read. Any Bids received after the above specified time will be immediately returned to the Bidder unopened.
The site of the work is located from 1st Avenue and ‘C’ Street east to the Municipal Park and Town Hall, and then northwest through the park to the northwest corner of 2nd Avenue and ‘D’ Street.
The major items of work and approximate quantities under this contract are as follows:
1,590 S.Y. of 6” PCC Trail Pavement & Appurtenances
2. The Contract Documents containing the detailed Drawings and Specifications for the construction of the work, together with the proposed construction contract, may be seen at the office of the Consulting Engineers, Baker & Associates, Inc, 1401 East ‘M’ Street, Torrington, WY 82240, (307)532-5211. Electronic copy (CD) may be obtained for a fee of $20. Hard copies may be obtained for a fee of $60 (non-refundable) Plans and specifications shipped ground will be charged an extra $15.
3. Bid security in the amount of five percent (5%) unqualified of the amount of maximum Bid price shall be required with each Bid.
4. A mandatory pre-Bid conference will be held at 10:00 AM on May 25, 2023 at Town of LaGrange Town Hall, 200 ‘C’ Street, LaGrange, WY 82221.
5. The Town of LaGrange, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, herby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any Contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
6. Bidders Preference Clause: The provisions of Wyoming Statute § 16-6-102 through 16-6-107 DO NOT apply to this contract. The contract shall be awarded to the qualified bidder making the lowest responsive bid that complies with all requirements.
7. Wage Compliance Requirements: Wyoming State Statute 16-6-110. Work hours on public works; eight hour day, forty hour week limitation; overtime; exceptions.
(a) No person shall require laborers, workmen or mechanics to work more than eight (8) hours in any one (1) calendar day or forty (40) hours in any one (1) week upon any public works of the state or any of its political subdivisions except as hereafter authorized. An employee may agree to work more than eight (8) hours per day or more than forty (40) hours in any week provided the employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1½) times the regularly established hourly rate for all work in excess of forty (40) hours in any one (1) week.
WYOMING STATE STATUTE REQUIRES PAYMENT OF OVERTIME ON HOURS IN EXCESS OF FORTY (40) HOURS IN ANY ONE (1) WEEK.
For Pit Sources, Borrow Sources, or any other sources in which roadway material is either crushed, quarried, stripped or borrowed for use in construction of a roadway, the following will apply:
(a) If the contract stipulates a state available source and the Contractor uses this source, Davis-Bacon Regulations apply.
(b) If the contract stipulates a contractor furnished source, or a contractor furnished source is utilized in lieu of a state available source, and the contractor furnished source is solely produced for this contract and the material is not available to the general public, Davis-Bacon Regulations apply.
(c) If the Contractor elects to use a commercial source, or, when a commercial source is utilized in lieu of a state available source or contractor furnished source, Davis-Bacon Regulations do not apply.
8. The provisions of Wyoming Statutes § 16-6-101, § 16-6-108, § 16-6-109 and § 16-6-111 through 16-6-119 remain applicable for the project.
9. WYDOT – Buy American/Use of American Iron & Steel standard is in full of effect for the project.
10. No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof.
11. Right is reserved in the interest of the Owner to reject any or all Bids and to waive any informality in the Bids received.
FOR THE TOWN OF LAGRANGE
Public Notice No. 8574 published in the Torrington Telegram on May 5, 12 and 19, 2023.