Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service
Commission’s (Commission) Procedural Rules and Special Regulations, notice is hereby given of the Application of Black Hills Wyoming Gas, LLC d/b/a Black Hills Energy (BHWG or the Company), for authority to pass on a Transportation Rate Adjustment (TRA) rate decrease of $0.0035 per therm to all of its customers.
1. BHWG is a public utility as defined by Wyo. Stat. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(D), subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction pursuant to Wyo. Stat. § 37-2-112.
2. On April 15, 2021, BHWG filed an Application for authority to pass on a TRA rate decrease of $0.0035 per therm to all its customers, effective June 1, 2021. The Company is requesting a TRA rate of ($0.0004) per therm, which reflects a decrease of $0.0035 per therm from the currently effective rate of $0.0031 per therm. The Company’s TRA provides for an annual adjustment in order to align rates with delivery costs incurred. This is the final year BHWG’s TRA is effective, with the collection period ending on May 31, 2022. Any remaining balance at that time, positive or negative, will be transferred to the Company’s Gas Cost Adjustment FERC Account 191.
3. BHWG states that its TRA only consists of the Surcharge TRA rate in this final effective year. The Company states the adjustment reflects a decrease in TRA costs to Wyoming customers over the twelve-month period ending May 31, 2022. BHWG also states it will apply its TRA decrease uniformly to each tariff schedule and its proposed rate of $0.0035 per therm will refund an estimated $76,188 to its customers during the period June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022.
4. This is not a complete description of the Application. Interested persons may inspect the Application at BHWG’s business office and at the Commission’s offices in Cheyenne, Wyoming, or online at: http://psc.state.wy.us/.
5. Anyone desiring to file a statement, intervention petition, protest, or request for a public hearing in this matter must file in writing with the Commission on or before May 17, 2021. A proposed intervention or request for hearing must set forth the grounds under which they are made and the position and interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Please mention Docket Number 30026-41-GA-21 (Record No. 15766) in your communications.
6. If you wish to intervene in this matter or request a public hearing that you will attend, or want to make a statement, a protest, or a public comment, and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact the Commission at (307) 777-7427, or write to the Commission at 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002, to make arrangements. Communications-impaired persons may also contact the Commission by accessing Wyoming Relay at 711.
Dated: April 16, 2021.
Public Notice No. 7785 published in The Torrington Telegram on April 21 and 28, 2021.